Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Squeaky pastel rainbow toy

 

Patterns are free for personal use. I did not test this pattern, it is free partly because of that. Other reasons it is free: It is not my Intellectual Property, this one was inspired by the Squeakoid gyroid in Animal Crossing, created by and owned by Nintendo. There may be some typos. This is fan art. I do not sell these or make money from this. If you have questions, hit me up on twitter or instagram @andreacrochets.

Do not sell anything made from my patterns unless for charity/non-profit purposes.

 



NOTE: I initially made this pattern as a rough free pattern on a video on tiktok

Link to rough Tiktok pattern

Materials

  • F hook 3.75 mm (that's what I used but you can use whatever you like

  • Red heart brand acrylic yarn in various colors (that's what I used but you can use what you like)

  • Stuffing  

  • Optional - squeaker, safety eyes


Head/body 

  • Start with ch 2 or magic ring (preference is yours)

  • 6 sc [6]

  • Inc around [12]

  • *1 sc, inc* around [18]

  • *2 sc, inc* around [24]

  • *3 sc, inc* around [30]

  • *4 sc, inc* around [36] 

    NOTE: you can make the body wider or thinner depending on how many increase rounds you make, so you can try and make different kinds of gyroids with this pattern if you wish.

  • Work even for 9 rounds

    NOTE: again, you can make taller or shorter gyroids if you add or decrease rounds here 

  • *dec, 4sc* around [30]

  • Work even for 2 rounds [30]

  • Working BACK LOOP ONLY for this round only: *dec, 3sc* around [24]

  • Back to working both loops: *dec, 2sc* [18]

  • *dec, sc* [12]

  • *dec around [6] bind off and leave a tail to sew shut. This part is going to be covered by the platform anyway so it does not matter if you close it perfect, but I did the drawstring method



Skirt

  • Attach body color yarn to the front loop ridge left before. *inc, 4sc* around for one round [36]

  • Next round just work even [36]

  • Optional next round just work even. [36] If you are making another kind of gyroid you can increase here again for a wider skirt 


Platform

  • Sc 6 [6]

  • Inc around [12]

  • *1sc, inc* around [18]

  • *2 sc, inc* around [24]

  • Back Loop Only this round: work even [24]

  • Both loops now: work even for 2 rounds [24] bind off leaving a long tail. 

  • You can put a small squeaker in here if you wish but I just put stuffing in it because i spent 5 hours making it and did not want my dog to destroy it


Hands (make 2)

  • With color A sc 6 [6]

  • *sc, inc* around [9], change color to color B

  • Work 3-5 rounds more in color B depending how long you want your arms. (I did 3 rounds for mine, but the gyroid moves and dances, so longer arms might look cuter). Bind off a long tail and you will sew this to body somewhere above the skirt 

    NOTE: I would do arms differently for a new one, I might do, 6 with color A and then increase 1 stitch, so 7 stitches with color A, then change to color B and do another increase so it is more gradual up to 12 stitches. I only had time to make the gyroid pictured above, so i did not get time to test more arms out


Head frills

  • Sc 6 [6]

  • *1sc, inc* around [9]

  • Work even [9]

  • Work even [9]

  • *dec,sc* around [6]

  • Work even for 4 rounds [6]

    NOTE: as I said in the tiktok, if I made this again I would try just doing 6 rounds of 6 single crochets instead. I did not like how they ended up being shaped, but this is how i did mine for the one in the picture/tiktok 

     

    Finish this up by putting the face on. I think I made my face a little too big on mine. I have not had time to redo it. It looks a lot cuter with safety eyes and a felt mouth.

    I would love to see if you make anything with this pattern! please tag me if you make anything!
     

      

No comments: